Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Some changes

It's lasted longer than an illness. It's nothing he ate. He's been getting enough sleep.

It is for these reasons that I must face the fact that Miles has hit the terrible twos. He's a wonderful kid and all but things have been tough around here for about a month. EVERYTHING is a battle. Every meal, outing, bedtime, change of clothes or diaper - even fun things like getting ready to go to a park or see a friend. There are multiple tantrums each day. It's been exhausting and the days are feeling long. I feel myself watching the clock for the hour when reinforcements (husband) arrive. I know this is a stage and that it too will pass. Until then I am doing my best not to match his mood. I can't get derailed by every tantrum, I have another kid hanging onto my skirt and I have learned from experience that the calmer I am the better things are.

On the plus side, Danika has been wonderful. All I can ask for is that they stagger their tough patches :)

No comments: